Some sewing projects



So school is out, which means I have lots of time to work on projects and update the blog. Yeah right. I do plan on keeping the blog up to date, but I have to finish my master's, lesson plan, organize, and you know, enjoy summer. We have definitely been enjoying the pool.

Anyway, this post is about sewing. I have been steadily working on getting my craft room up and running. I will write a post about that later. It is very much a work in progress. I have it set up enough that I could break out the sewing machine and have a little fun.  I made some super cute pillows out of an old t-shirt and a fabric calendar.  I love pillows!

Next, I made a sweet little slip cover for an old stained ottoman. I love the ottoman, just not the stains.


As you can see, it was looking grimy. So I took some fabric, and an old duvet cover and ...


Cute, right? Plus now it is washable, which is super important because everyone in my house is accident prone. It is in our DNA. Sorry kids, you can't escape it, your parents have passed along their messiness. I swear I am trying to get better, but it is hard to escape biology.

Next I made a couple of cushions for the hearth. It is really cold on your tush in the winter. So I cut up an old memory foam mattress pad for the cushion. I know it's not a super big deal, but I really love reusing old crap. It is just so satisfying. I then made some cute covers, along with a quick and easy pillow cover for an old throw pillow I had. 


I love textiles! This is one of the motivations for all the white walls, and painted brick fireplace. I can go crazy with patterned pillows and it won't be overwhelming.  I plan on making more throw pillows and fixing up an old quilt, but all of that is on the back burner for now. I am focussing on getting shelves up in the craft room. I can't wait to get my supplies organized! I know that makes me sound like a big dork, but it is the truth. I am a big huge dork.

Until Next Time...



Comments

Popular Posts

Instagram