Living Room





I have been doing a lot of painting. I finally finished painting the wood paneling and the fireplace. In hindsight, I probably should have done more coats of primer. It took almost 4 coats! My hands are killing me, but it looks great.  Now I just need to finish stripping the wallpaper, fix the damaged walls and then paint...again.  


Stripping wallpaper is no fun, it is not coming off easy and there is just so much to do.

Let's remember where we started.


Blue carpet with dingy brick. It just felt so dark and gross in here. 
So we got rid of the carpet and redid the wood floors. We ditched the eyesore of a ceiling fan and painted the brick to help clean things up a bit.


It is so nice and bright now. The painted brick makes a huge difference, as do the beautiful new wood floors. We finally got some art up, which really helps it feel like our home. I love the mantle, it is such a perfect spot to showcase our art collection. I love how we can rotate art around the house. It is going to be so much fun decorating with our art, but first we need to get back to construction. We still have so much to do. But before all that, we are going to put up the Christmas tree and hang stockings on the mantle. I can't wait to actually figure out how to light a fire in the fireplace.













Comments

Popular Posts

Instagram