Pool and Deck Update



I know you have all been on pins and needles about the state of my pool.  You may remember that last summer sucked in part because our pool was broken. Well you will be happy to know that the pool is fixed!  It was not cheap, but I think it actually looks a lot better than it did, plus now I can enjoy my summer in style.  The pool broke last year for various reasons, all of them named "Nick"  I love the man, really I do, but his inability to ask for help or directions has cost us a lot.  My only hope is that it is a lesson  learned. Maybe sometimes it is better to seek out help rather than to just wing it and try to fix it yourself.  The problem is that in the past winging it actually worked for him.  This time, not so much.  But I digress.  It is fixed and now it is time to get our summer going.

So what did we fix?  Good question.  Well in order to get the pool in working order we needed a new pool liner and a new pump.  Not a super fun way to spend money, but necessary.

So here is the before...


And here it is...new and improved.



So the major improvement by far is staining the deck.  It was hot, sticky work, but so so soooooo worth it.



The original deck had probably not ever been stained and was in desperate need of some help.  To be honest we didn't realize how bad it was until we actually got started staining. Nor did we realize how big the deck was.  It took 3 days, and 6 cans of stain to complete the job. So much work, but again...worth it.

The new deck not only looks great, it actually has a function, it repels water.  Who knew that was a thing?



Next, I scored patio furniture from Craigslist.  I have not actually been using Craigslist lately, but I lucked out and got the two lounge chairs for $150, and the table and chairs for only $40.   Sorry I keep price dropping, but I have always loved to show off my thriftiness.

So with the new pool decked out (yes that pun on purpose, sorry)  We had a little get together.  Plus, our pool has become a beacon for all of the neighbor kids...my pool deck brings all the boys to the yard ( again, sorry about that)



All in all, I am super happy things actually got done. I have some plans for the outside of the pool too.  We will see if they actually happen or not though.

 I have not been doing well on my blogging goal, but hey I'm trying.  I will be back with a kitchen update really soon.  I promise.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts

Instagram