Sully's Room, phase I

So while Nick has been doing back breaking work, I have been painting and starting to organize. I started with Sully's room awhile ago, and finally finished the first phase. There is still a lot to do, but I thought I would give an update and show off some of my handy work.

When we got the house, Sully's future room was painted blue with one wallpapered wall. This was the first wall of wallpaper we tackled. It has proven to have been the hardest. There were layers of wallpaper and the wall was pretty damaged underneath.


At least it was only 1 wall that had the wallpaper. I like the color of the other walls, and recently found half a gallon of it in one of the closets. So phase II will entail a fresh coat of paint on the remaining walls.

I wish I had taken some progress picks of his room, it was quite a mess.  Nick patched the walls, primed and then painted. We went for a bright green to add a fun punch. The color came out very bright, so I decided to add some trees to distract a little.  I started just doing white trees.


Then I decided to add some fun details to make them more like birch trees.
I am really proud of how it turned out.


I might add a couple of blue birds later, if I am still feeling crafty.
The fabric on his crib will be the curtains for the one window in the room.

Next, I have a ton of organizing to finish. I hung one shelf to hold some of his prized possessions.


So much more to do.  I have lots of closets to figure out.  But I surprisingly love organizing.  Weird, but true.






Comments

Popular Posts

Instagram